ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1
Release Date: Monday, June 25, 2018
Update 1 for ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 is primarily aimed at improving the NNDiffuse pan sharpening technique which was initially introduced with ERDAS IMAGINE 2018. The update provides OpenCL-based GPU acceleration for the technique, which in some instances can result in a two orders of magnitude increase in performance. The algorithm has also been fine-tuned to provide even better color fidelity compared to the original Multispectral data.
In addition, there are new Operators, such as the Linear Regression operator, as well as numerous software quality improvements.
For full details on the new features and issues resolved, please refer to the Release Guide for ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1
- ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 must already be installed.
- Hexagon Geospatial Licensing 2018 v188.8.131.52 (the version provided with the ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 installer) or higher should already be installed. It is strongly recommended that all ERDAS IMAGINE customers upgrade to Hexagon Geospatial Licensing 2018 v184.108.40.206 (or higher)
- Hexagon Geospatial Licensing 2018 v220.127.116.11 is also integrated into the ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 Update 1 installer. If ERDAS IMAGINE and Hexagon Geospatial Licensing 2018 are both installed on the same computer, installing Update 1 will also automatically update the Licensing to v18.104.22.168. If in doubt, refer to Windows’ Add or Remove Programs utility to determine the currently installed version.
- OpenCL (GPU) acceleration of NNDiffuse
- Linear Regression operator
- Compatibility with ArcGIS 10.6 for Geodatabase support
- Numerous Issues Resolved
No (additional) license is required if you already have ERDAS IMAGINE 2018 licensed.